JOB VACANCY – Sports Club Steward
December 3, 2013 / By: Mark Masiak / In: News
Towcestrians Sports Club is a private members sports club offering sporting and social facilities to the local community, of all ages, and its surrounding areas. It is held in high regard by the local community and looked on favourably by the local district council as it provides recreational facilities which would otherwise be the responsibility of the council.
Based in the South Northamptonshire town of Towcester, the Club is host to four tenant clubs that cover Cricket, Hockey, Rugby and Tennis, and also includes a proactive non-playing social membership.
A busy clubhouse is serviced by a recently refurbished kitchen and bar area with lounge facilities that are also available for private functions.
This is an exciting opportunity for the right candidate to add their experience and creativity in helping to grow the club through its bar, catering and event operations.
Reporting to a sub-group of the General Committee you will:
• be directly responsible for the management of the bar, kitchen, and associated staff.;
• cover the facilities management and maintenance of the premises in accordance with the instructions and guidance of the sub-group;
• promote the club as appropriate, meet prospective hirers and take bookings;
• help develop a robust system of controls an procedures to facilitate the smooth running of the club;
• maintain and service the cellar, including all aspects of stock management;
• responsible for the club security;
• ensure all health and safety requirements are met; and
• be responsible for cash and banking.
A detailed job description will be provided to applicants selected for interview.
As the ideal candidate, you should have a full driving license and be computer literate. Although not essential, it would be highly desirable if you hold a personal license and have knowledge on food hygiene.
As an ambassador for the Club you will be a visible presence helping to promote the Club and its facilities whilst maintaining a high standing reputation at all times.
HOURS OF OPENING
The Club opens at different times as demand dictates. This is influenced by the day of the week and the time of the year. The successful candidate will have a hands on, can do mentality and will embrace the flexibility necessary to deliver a professional service while maintaining a Club feeling.
We offer a competitive salary in return for an annual hours contract equivalent to 40 hours per week and this will include evening and weekend work.
All written applications should be submitted before 15th December 2013 to email@example.com and should include an up to date CV and a brief summary of why this position is of interest to you.
Two references are required along with a CRB check for the successful applicant.